9.22.2012

charmed

So who says you need to a lot of cash to look fab? Well I am about to prove you wrong with this post. This DIY is one of my first attempts that turned out really amazing. (Inspiration from one of the famous DIY bloggers: P.S. I Made This. She's so good!!) What I love about this project is that I didn't spend a single Peso for a charm or chain! Made use of materials that were lying around my house and Mom's closet--it helps to have a stylish mom. If you don't, maybe your Lola (grandmother) is! The chain I used for this used to be a belt. Disassembled it and formed 3 layers that became my base to hang those cute little charms on to. Some charms I've gotten only recently--like the key, horn, umbrella, LOVE and crown charms I plucked out of a recently-bought bracelet I got tired of wearing. Most charms I've collected over the years.. perhaps, I always knew that someday I will put them to good use OR I'm just a junkie like that. My favorites are starring below:


This cross charm was given by a professor who brought home this pendant all the way from Italy for me. (Okay, mind you, no romantic relation AT ALL.)


This "Vintage" Chanel pendant is from my Mom. I don't think it is in any way original but it's really old and well crafted = sounds like Vintage to me.


Another old, broken and unused Seiko watch that I got from my mom. Something about the shape and simplicity of it that I really adore that's why I found a way to put it in there. Sorry I don't have a detailed tutorial. Maybe next time! For now, here it is on my neck.


Well that's it. Hope this somehow inspired you to create something like it or maybe totally different but still DIY!! Happy DIY-ing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment