9.11.2012

hair files

I love how a new hair color can change my look. This was my hair early this year.


I did the ombre (gradation of color) effect myself. (Why, yes, thank you.) It was a long and tedious process, I tell you. I searched for the easiest tutorial all over the internet and found this.

 DIY Ombre Hair

 I loved, loved, loved my hair.



After ombre perfection and well, because my hair was starting to look brassy, I went back again to black (never learning my lesson!!!). Loved it for a good 5 days...

 And hated it after that. Black just became more boring everyday. So now, I am back to plankton. It's as if my coloring skills are gone. I found out that every hair experiment is a new experience. So I decided it was time to change my hair color again! I also promised to never, EVER dye my hair black again because it takes too much effort to remove. So I bought these.

from Market Market mall in Fort

I've never tried them before so I thought, why not? Besides, they were both only less than a thousand Pesos. Super cheap. See before and after photos.


I know, I know. It didn't really lift up the black and now my roots are dark orange. My two cents:

1. Don't dye black unless you want to have black hair forever. Okay, 1 year max.
2. When dyeing your hair, you want to put dye on your hair first before your scalp. (I actually did that but left it on for too long because I wanted to lift the black dye.)
3. Don't get discouraged by failure. Do your research and try again.
Which is exactly what I will do. :) Will update you what happens! Have to go before Helena wakes up from her nap. Post soon.

3 comments:

  1. Ombre hair suits you! Beautiful as always. :)

    Funny coz I did this mistake of dying my own hair black a few months ago. I think I wasn't used to it anymore coz I had lighter hair for the longest time. I looked pale and gothic. lol. I went to a hairstylist (so expensive here but I was desperate to get a lighter shade). She said to lift the dark color we need to gradually do it through couple sessions of highlights instead of a full hair color right away. (Especially if we want to go past the orange stage.) Apparently, bleaching hair wasn't a good idea either. I went to a different hairstylist (a friend this time) a few months later for my 2nd session of highlights hoping I could convince her to just do a full hair color. She said the same thing. It actually actually worked and was healthier for the hair. Although I never learn my lesson coz I just dyed my hair dark brown for fall season. I think it's better than black and my highlights gave some light brown dimension to it.

    YES!!! Parang nag-chikahan lang! Sorry ang haba pero I do enjoy reading your blogs and seeing your beautiful family pictures. Can't wait for our next get together--wherever in the world :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz!! Hahaha! Chikahan lang talaga eh! You're right, dark brown is our best bet. Thanks for being my only replyer!! Haha. I enjoyed reading it. Wait, what's your blog nga? :)

      Delete
    2. Haha! Just keep on blogging! People read but most of the time don't post comments. And even if nobody reads just keep on blogging. It's a good outlet to express yourself through written words. liztokushige.wordpress.com :)

      Delete