9.10.2012

vacation memories

Traveling with kids is never easy, and I say that with full conviction (though we only have one), but the memories made make it all worth it.

Last February, we took our first big trip as a family. Part vacation and part work. I've been to the States before but being with them is an entirely different experience. We did so much in 6 weeks and made so many memories that will last maybe 5 generations and I am happy we took it. San Francisco to New York and back. Made new friends who treated us like family and created wonderful memories with them. Drove to Napa Valley and finally got to taste some real California Moscato. Being surrounded by lush vineyards made me feel like I was in Tuscany or some part of Europe!! Visited around ten different Ross shops trying to find that perfect bag that I never found and when I finally saw it at Macy's, ended up NOT buying it anyway. Had a "mommy-guilt" moment (i just invented that) because it was over my projected budget. We also ate way too many In N Out burgers only because it's just sooo good with Strawberry Milk Shake. And my favorite was walking along a small suburb beside the ocean called Pacifica. I love that name. Sounds so California to me. Oh, the view was breath taking! Just try not to breathe because it smelled like fish. Anyhow, it was surreal walking on that bridge. Helena was a HAPPY girl. :)      

my family and napa valley
helena's jump shot at the silverado vineyard
it was freezing here
 that bridge in Pacifica

daddy and the little girl
that happy face is embedded in my heart





Palace of Fine Arts
in n out


the cutest eskimo :)

Thank you, Alex for these beautiful photos!!! Will post part II soon. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment