1.26.2012

dear helena

{Warning. Emotional Post}

Dear Helena,

You woke up earlier than usual from your nap today and I could feel my stress levels going up {because early wake time means less me time} when, as if the heavens opened and reminded me, that you will only be 1 year and 9 months old once.. so.. I just enjoyed the moment.


So true though! You will only be this age once. I know I hear moms with grown up kids say that all the time and it is quite hard to see the value of what they're really saying when you have babies. But I believe them anyway that is why I hurried to write this so I don't forget.

Three Six things I don't want to forget about you at this age:

1. singing your heart out with raised arms (you see mommy and daddy and people do this in church that's why or you really are just a worshipper!)

2. baby arms and legs

3. wet kisses

4. conversations and stares that only the two of us can understand

5. moisturizer and lipstick marks all over your face

6. the way you say mum-mey and da-ddey that makes us feel like we are the best parents in the world even if we mess up a lot of times :)

Oh I could go on and on! But I want to remember these 6 so I don't forget. You will only be this age once. True. Now I am reminded of how our Father loves us and treasures us. But I will tell you about that next time.

I love you,
Mummy

No comments:

Post a Comment