8.02.2012

christmas

Last Christmas, I enjoyed putting together this thing right above our couch. (This thing is the long hanging slab of wood from my closet door. Had to cut it in half to be that thin. Took them out from where they were and punched 4 holes at the corners.) I couldn't drill them in because that is solid concrete wall behind so I decided to just hang them from the ceiling. Fairly easy. Hardest part was drilling the holes.. didn't have an electric drill so I had to ask my gracious husband to bring it to those small furniture shops around our neighborhood and have it done professionally. Turned out perfect for putting those small things that reminded us of Christmas. That paper tree is from an old book... all folded inwards to form a tree. I also liked hanging letters to make a word. Simple but adds a lot of personal touch. 


Excited about this year's Christmas. How about you? :)


4 comments:

  1. Love your blog, Iris! I'll surely frequent this site in the days to come. Keep the mommy/wifey/fashion tips coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Iris! The things you have made are great! ... :) keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, iris! You're so creative, and super tyaga! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iris! Love that hanging thing. That's a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete