8.14.2014

Life must go on, so go ahead, wear those heels!


My husband tagged the kids and I to an overnight trip 2 weekends ago and we gladly went with him because it was in Tagaytay!!! I dressed up a bit and wore this cute boots from Shelikeshoes.com because I needed a break! More about the shoes at the bottom of this page.


ootd
I needed a break because Emilio, my son, just got out of the hospital for the fourth time since his birth. (Please don’t judge…I give him breast milk and try to give him healthy and nutritious food but for some reason these things still happen.) You know I really, really dislike it when my babies are sick and all moms would agree. But when they are, it is the time I realize how great my need for God is. That is probably the only reason I’ve learned to embrace the difficulties it brings.


still a happy boy in the hospital
So I thought of writing a semi-serious post and share what I learned the past 4 hospitalizations. Haha. You may have heard this already but it’s always good to be reminded, right?

1    First is I need to have childlike faith. My daughter, Helena was with us the whole time we were in the hospital and it really helped that she was there. Her spirit was so encouraging and she had a happy disposition despite our being there. I never saw her worried or depressed…okay except that one time she said, “Emilio is still sick?” because she saw the IV needles on his foot. But other than that, she was worry-free and enjoying our stay. It was like a treat for her. I thought… wow…is this the childlike faith God was saying about? Because I really think I have more like adult-like faith right now. It was such a revelation to me!

2    Second, I love my husband. We were scheduled to have a trip to Dumaguete last month and obviously didn’t make it because our hospital stay was extended. I felt so bad having to miss it and after a good 12 hours of thinking whether I would let Dan go with Helena, I gathered all my courage and told my husband, “you can go with Helena if you like and I’ll just stay here with Emilio.” To which he replied, “OKAY!”. Just kidding! He said, “I already knew I would stay even before. In SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH, we said in our vows right?” I wanted to cry like a little girl!  So relieved that I wouldn’t be alone in the hospital with Emilio and more so, glad to know I have a husband who values our family. We may have missed a trip we booked and were so excited about months ago but being together as a family even if it meant sleepless nights in a cramped hospital room is in some ways better because we are simply together.

3    Third is I have to move in faith not fear! Fear has its way of intimidating me in times like this and I cannot tell you how crippling it is when I dwell on it! I found myself thinking of all the worst possibilities and it almost left me crazy. Parenting brings so many uncertainties, sometimes. Well, life in general and I hate it because we all want to be in control, right? Sickness makes me trust God more and respond in faith rather than fear. Easier said than done I know. But it is good to know that in all the uncertainty I can be certain because He who promised is faithful. It’s been almost a week since we got discharged and I still get paranoid over a dry cough or any symptom of sickness. But life must go on and I choose to celebrate it and believe that God is working for my good.

By the way, Shelikeshoes.com is a shoe subscription website that lets you “subscribe” for 3, 6 or 12 months and choose and buy from 9 different styles of shoes each month. Like any other subscription service, there is a fee. Subscription fee is a flat rate of P499. If you like a pair from Step 2 or Step 3, you can buy more steps as an add-on. An extra step is 500Php. 



side view of the boots
If you’re a shoe lover, this might be for you because once you subscribe, the shoe choices just keep on coming! What I like about it too is that they have good quality shoes. Well made and unique. Visit the site to see for yourself! www.shelikesshoes.com 



excuse my awkward face
life is wonderful with this boy!!!!
Anyway, thank you for listening to my thoughts and I really hope you learned a thing or two, somehow!





1 comment:

  1. this is nice Ate Iris. It was good to hear (i mean read) from you again. :-) hang out soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete