2.26.2015

creating a gallery wall with no budget or little money


As a stay at home mom, one of the things I love to do is clean the house. NOT!!! I need to clean but if given the choice, I'd really rather decorate and eat and eat more!!! (will leave the cleaning to my husband) But I do believe that having a pretty home is one of the steps to keeping the joy in being a stay at home mom. So I'd like to share that my absolute favorite to update a boring wall is to create a gallery wall of pictures, simple art and some pieces that has been memorable to our family. Seeing them around our home definitely adds a little charater and coziness and reminds me to be thankful especially when it gets hard! What I did here was easy and very budget-friendly which means you can do it too!   

 
There are a lot of tutorials on how to distribute the frames evenly on your wall and I did not dare try do it that way. I found it more time consuming so I just started with the key frames and added the little ones as i went on. Imperfections are OK in my book by the way. So given that you know how to hang them, let me tell you more how I came up with each of the frames. 


The gold frame I garbage hunted from a friend's house when they were giving things away. I saw potential the minute I laid eyes on it. Don't you agree?? Spray painted them a lot of colors already but her color as of the moment is pinkish gold. The mirror on that frame was broken by accident so I thought a clipboard spray painted black lying around the house would be the perfect replacement for now. The frame on the lower left is another old frame, spray painted white! The footprints is one of the early crafts I had done with Emilio. 3, 6, and 10 are the months. The canvass I got from National bookstore, of course! Less than P100!


The New York skyline art I just got from the Internet. Had them printed on this size to fit the frame. Cost me less than a hundred Pesos for each print. The frame is another oldie but goodie. You guessed it right I also spray painted that white!! Took out the back cover on this one because I wanted to make it see through. Tiny nails hold the glass in place if you look closely. The key on the lower left frame is our first ever KIA car key. I love this one because it brings so many memories! KIA was Dan's first car ever and he got it the week we entered into courtship. So it definitely has to be hung in there! Then the other frame is my first born memories frame of Helena. If you don't have a baby yet, you can hang your vows like what my friend Carla did (sorry no link) or maybe some dried leaves or flowers.

 
The Golden Gate photo is probably our biggest splurge at P1000. Bought in SM. San Francisco because it is one of our favorite cities and also the first overseas trip we had as a family. Let's Talk frame also from SM. Cost around P500. Clock, also from SM, purchased years ago.


The yellow painting is from our trip as a couple to Sydney. Really good price as well. The M is from Market Market. Also spray painted white. Frame below M was an old gift of a friend. Spray painted again. Took out the back cover and just hung the frame because it is so pretty that way. The rest of the white frames we got from Robinson's Department store on sale. Still don't have a picture for that circle frame. I have to find something soon! 

So there you have it. If you plan to do it on your wall, feel free to hang memorable pictures and quirky things even. It's more fun that way! 

Okay, one last look.


Thanks for reading!!! :)

1 comment: